Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by yugandhar <yu...@saic.com> on 2007/05/07 22:17:47 UTC

Implementing redirection to invoke multiple web services

Hello,

I am newbie to Servicemix and have been going through the documentation and
did few examples.
We are evaluating the servicemix to expose our authentication webservices
through the ServiceMix.

Requirement/Scenario is :

clients will invoke a soap request then ESB should invoke authentication
services, if successful then ESB should invoke the business services (these
are also webservices).

I am assuming the flow as:

client - httpconsumer - httpprovider - external web business
service(authentication)
if authentication is successfull then httpprovider should redirect to main
webservice

Question:  Can I use implement the above scenario. if so do i need to use
scripting or some other way to make these calls....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Yugandhar

Re: Implementing redirection to invoke multiple web services

Posted by yugandhar <yu...@saic.com>.
Gert,

thanks for your quick response. The soap request already has authentication
information (authenticationkey). We have authentication webservices and
business webservices already in place.

Currently business webservices (axis2 framework) has filters (handlers) to
intercept every call and authenticated using the authenticationKey.

Since this is like point to point and all the services need to be redirected
to the handlers. We are considering the use of ESBs to handle the first call
and then redirect to the main service so that we can avoid the use of
authentication handlers for every service.

Also I am not sure of the use of scripting here mentioned in the diagram at
servicemix home page.

Can you please give me more info on the servicemix authentication. Not sure
whether I can
make my own authentication api calls from servicemix security framework.

thanks again for your inputs.

regards
Yugandhar

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.