Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ur...@sat.net.pk on 2002/01/21 07:36:04 UTC

Customized error docs...

hello...!

i have put a customized error document
and its working fine...
But the PROBLEM is no "gif" , "jpg" and "swf"
are loading into the html page,
means just html page is opening without any images.

and when i opened that error page by typing its url
then everything is loading just fine.

In the documentroot i hav an .htaccess file so
if i put these error pages anywhere within it then
they itself need passwd so i just used ALIAS.

#######################################

Alias /errordocs /home/mine/errordocs

<Location /errdocs>
  order deny,allow
  deny from None
  AllowOverride All
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Location>

ErrorDocument 401 /errdocs/401.html
ErrorDocument 404 /errdocs/404.html

#######################################

Is this creating problem...?

but while opening that error page with its url like...

http://me.mydomain.com/errordocs/401.html <<<its just fine.

so where is the problem...???

_F���L_

Re: Customized error docs...

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
urz.faisalm@sat.net.pk wrote:

> hello...!
>
> i have put a customized error document
> and its working fine...
> But the PROBLEM is no "gif" , "jpg" and "swf"
> are loading into the html page,
> means just html page is opening without any images.
>
> and when i opened that error page by typing its url
> then everything is loading just fine.
>
> In the documentroot i hav an .htaccess file so
> if i put these error pages anywhere within it then
> they itself need passwd so i just used ALIAS.
>
> #######################################
>
> Alias /errordocs /home/mine/errordocs
>
> <Location /errdocs>
>   order deny,allow
>   deny from None
>   AllowOverride All
>   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> </Location>
>
> ErrorDocument 401 /errdocs/401.html
> ErrorDocument 404 /errdocs/404.html
>
> #######################################
>
> Is this creating problem...?
>
> but while opening that error page with its url like...
>
> http://me.mydomain.com/errordocs/401.html <<<its just fine.
>
> so where is the problem...???

I think you've got a typo somewhere... You have:

> Alias /errordocs /home/mine/errordocs

then later:

> ErrorDocument 404 /errdocs/404.html

So which directory is real? "errordocs" or "errdocs"?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.

RE: Customized error docs...

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Justin Pywell [mailto:pywell@telusplanet.net]

> If I remember correct that is a simple HTML fix. You cannot link to your
> images in a 404 page by using /images/something.jpg you have to give the
> FULL url. http://www.yourdomain.com/images/something.jpg.

Close.  Actually, you can use relative URLs of the form
"/images/something.jpg", but you can't use relative URLs of the form
"something.jpg" (no leading slash).

The reason is that when apache serves the errordocument, it sends the
content under the URL of the "missing" file.  So if you request
"/page/not/here.html", and then include the link "something.jpg" in your
errordocument, the browser thinks the content is coming from
"/page/not/here.html" and will therefore request the image from
"/page/not/something.jpg", rather than "/errordocs/something.jpg".

You could probably include a base href in your errordoc, but it is easier
just to use absolute URLs.

Joshua.

Re: Customized error docs...

Posted by Justin Pywell <py...@telusplanet.net>.
If I remember correct that is a simple HTML fix. You cannot link to your
images in a 404 page by using /images/something.jpg you have to give the
FULL url. http://www.yourdomain.com/images/something.jpg.

Justin

Re: LOADMODULE...

Posted by Hasanuddin Tamir <sa...@trabas.com>.
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Justin Pywell <py...@telusplanet.net> wrote,

> Hey, Im pretty much new at configuring pretty much every aspect of my
> server. I am attempting to setup virtual domains so I can host all my
> domains on the 1 static IP. I so far have only been able to get the first
> virtualhost entry to show up on there... which I think is correct and maybe
> I just need to configure BIND... which is another interesting peice of
> work... Any tips or hints of experience are always welcome.
>
> LoadModule
>
> libexec/libphp4.so ... where is this file supposed to exist on the server? I

That means that the LoadModule directive expected to find libphp4.so under
libexec directory relative to the ServerRoot but couldn't find it there.

> get this error when trying to restart if I unblock it.
> Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
> included in the server configuration

It depends on your installation layout.  Red Hat puts it in directory
called /usr/lib/apache and links it to /etc/httpd/libexec.  If you install
from scracth you have many choices but the default is /usr/local/apache as
the server root, which seems to be the case according to your httpd.conf
location.  So the shared modules are probably in /usr/local/apache/libexec,
if you compiled and installed apache and its modules dinamically.

But, if you installed apache statically, then you won't find anything in
/usr/local/apache/libexec.  And the directive LoadModule (and its
counterpart AddModule) will be useless (can be harm indeed) since they are
used to add and load modules dinamycally.

One way to make sure is by issuing,

    /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l

If you see only a few (usually two) entries there, and one of them is
mod_so.c, then your apache is prepared to load modules dynamically.  But
these modules must reside somewhere.  If you see more entries then they're
statically linked to apache.  Check out if php is included in the list and
if so, you don't need the LoadModule.

hth
san
--
Trabas - http://www.trabas.com

LOADMODULE...

Posted by Justin Pywell <py...@telusplanet.net>.
Hey, Im pretty much new at configuring pretty much every aspect of my
server. I am attempting to setup virtual domains so I can host all my
domains on the 1 static IP. I so far have only been able to get the first
virtualhost entry to show up on there... which I think is correct and maybe
I just need to configure BIND... which is another interesting peice of
work... Any tips or hints of experience are always welcome.

LoadModule

libexec/libphp4.so ... where is this file supposed to exist on the server? I
get this error when trying to restart if I unblock it.
Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

OS: RH 7.2
Apache: Latest Version
PHP 4.1.1