Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Ngai <ng...@maxis.net.my> on 2000/05/08 10:32:44 UTC

JavaScript Tree View + JSP

Now I use JSP scriptlet to generate the portion of the data that is needed
by the JavaScript. It give me some Dr. Watson sometime when the JSP was
compiled. And the debugging of JSP and JavaScript is not that trouble-free.

I am looking into the Swing now, but the prototyping will that sometime for
me to get it work. That way, I might just endup rewriting my whole
application in Swing Applet. Which I think will be very slow, in term of
development, download and execution.

Is it true that JavaScript does not do well in client interface layout? I
got this statement from a JavaScript book.

Regarding the Tree View JavaScript that Alexandros point out. That work
fine, but I have some problem with it. It display wrongly or not that nice
when I add  sub-tree that contain nothing, or the sub-tree only contain 1
tree item. I attach that html for you to have a look.

Thank you!

Regards,
Eric Ngai
Star Solutions
Malaysia

Re: JavaScript Tree View + JSP

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <cy...@cyberway.com.sg>.
Why don't you try the code in Developer Edge on the Netscape website ?

Go to :
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/dynhtml/collapse/index.html

Regards,
pascal chong