Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by David Potter <dp...@infocomp.com> on 2007/05/23 05:19:23 UTC

Setting the http session timeout

Hi

I am using the servicemix-http component to accept soap requests for
processing over an ssl conection. We have a single client sending in the
requests.

What I have found is that the first request will establish the SSL
connection and then additional requests will use the same connection
(standard behaviour for HTTP 1.1). If the connection is left idle for
somewhere between 1 and 10 minutes the connection is dropped and need to be
re-established (again expected behaviour).

My question is how can I change the timeout in the http component (or
jetty?)

thanks in advance

David Potter (InfoComp in Oz)

Re: Setting the http session timeout

Posted by David Potter <dp...@infocomp.com>.
Thanks

Sounds like another good reason to upgrade to the latest version.
We are still running version 3.0.1 and this version does not allow us to set
this timeout

Deep sigh!

David

Posted by Dan <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Potter <dp...@infocomp.com>.

Posted by Thomas TERMIN <tt...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Of course you can add a property there but you have to set it somewhere.
This would be the right place for such a property

Cheers,
Thomas

Sharon.Yin wrote:
> But I saw that in the "HttpConfiguration" it defines such properties which
> read from “component.properties” under %SM%/conf:
>

> servicemix-http.streamingEnabled=false
>
> servicemix-http.connectorMaxIdleTime=65000
>
> servicemix-http.consumerProcessorSuspendTime=70000
>

> those properties are referenced in ConsumerProcessor and ProviderProcessor,
>
> are they not able to solve the problem?

Thomas Termin
_______________________________
blue elephant systems GmbH
Wollgrasweg 49
D-70599 Stuttgart

Tel    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 676
Fax    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
WWW    :  http://www.blue-elephant-systems.com
Email  :  Thomas.Termin@blue-elephant-systems.com

blue elephant systems GmbH
Firmensitz      : Wollgrasweg 49, D-70599 Stuttgart
Registergericht : Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Gescha"ftsführer : Holger Dietrich, Thomas Gentsch, Joachim Hoernle

re: Setting the http session timeout

I'm not sure this can be configured right now in ServiceMix,

but I guess this can be configured in Jetty.  You should try

to look at goole / Jetty web site / Jetty javadoc / Jetty mailing

lists and see if there is any information on that.

Then, raise a JIRA and attach your patch :-)

On 5/23/07, David Potter <dp...@infocomp.com> wrote:

> Hi

> I am using the servicemix-http component to accept soap requests for

> processing over an ssl conection. We have a single client sending in the

> requests.

> What I have found is that the first request will establish the SSL

> connection and then additional requests will use the same connection

> (standard behaviour for HTTP 1.1). If the connection is left idle for

> somewhere between 1 and 10 minutes the connection is dropped and need to

> be

> re-established (again expected behaviour).

> My question is how can I change the timeout in the http component (or

> jetty?)

> thanks in advance

> David Potter (InfoComp in Oz)

Cheers,

Guillaume Nodet

------------------------

Principal Engineer, IONA

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Setting the http session timeout

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure this can be configured right now in ServiceMix,
but I guess this can be configured in Jetty.  You should try
to look at goole / Jetty web site / Jetty javadoc / Jetty mailing
lists and see if there is any information on that.
Then, raise a JIRA and attach your patch :-)

On 5/23/07, David Potter <dp...@infocomp.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am using the servicemix-http component to accept soap requests for
> processing over an ssl conection. We have a single client sending in the
> requests.
>
> What I have found is that the first request will establish the SSL
> connection and then additional requests will use the same connection
> (standard behaviour for HTTP 1.1). If the connection is left idle for
> somewhere between 1 and 10 minutes the connection is dropped and need to
> be
> re-established (again expected behaviour).
>
> My question is how can I change the timeout in the http component (or
> jetty?)
>
> thanks in advance
>
> David Potter (InfoComp in Oz)

Cheers,