Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/01 09:01:56 UTC

Re: SSL Setup

Hi,

> Thank you the information.  Does the keystore have to be located in a
> specific location?  I have done everything listed but the keystore location
> is different.

No specific location, /etc/tomcat was not existing and I created it
because I like to have all the files related to configuration in /etc.

Did you verified that your keystore contained the certificates? Are
you really sure that the path indicated in your tomcat's configuration
is right?

Unfortunately, if you really follow the same steps, I don't know what
could be the problem (I would need your bash_history, your
configuration files, ... :-)

Wat I could suggest is to quickly set-up a testing machine (I tested
my setup on a vmware guest) and perform all the steps again, maybe you
did something wrong.

Regards,

Gaël

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Roch <ro...@comcast.net>.
Thanks for the info.  Finally figured out the problem.....the certs were
wrong in the keystore.  Thanks for all your help though!

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Jack <ja...@gmail.com>.
You can download the strong encryption mechanisms here:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

(Right at the bottom of the page) Java Cryptography Extension (JCE)
Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 1.4.2

On 06/06/06, Roch <ro...@comcast.net> wrote:

> How do I check to see if I have the strong encrytion algorithms in the JDK?

Cheers
Jack...

The claim "natural" is not synonymous with safe.

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Roch <ro...@comcast.net>.
How do I check to see if I have the strong encrytion algorithms in the JDK?

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Jack <ja...@gmail.com>.
Do you have the strong encryption algorithms installed in the JDK you are using?

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Roch <ro...@comcast.net>.

Re: SSL Setup

Posted by Roch <ro...@comcast.net>.
I finally got it to recognize the keystore and its able to get in.  I still
have clientauth="false".  I had to add in ciphers also.  I'm not getting any
errors.  But when I go to view the page, it won't come up.  Is there
anything else that I missed?  Thanks.