Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ed Brown <Ed...@sas.com> on 2015/06/08 21:52:52 UTC

Question Concerning Kerberos "Additional Pre-Authorization Required" Error

Hello,
I'm getting the following error when I tried to authenticate using Kerberos from Apache DS Studio:

[15:27:55] DEBUG [org.apache.directory.shared.kerberos.messages.KrbError] - KrbError initial value :
KRB-ERROR : {
    pvno: 5
    msgType: KRB_ERROR
    sTime: 20150608192755Z
    susec: 0
    errorCode: Additional pre-authentication required
    realm: EDWIN.COM
    sName: { name-type: KRB_NT_SRV_INST, name-string : <'krbtgt', 'mytest.com'>realm: MYTEST.COM }
    eText: Additional pre-authentication required

What is causing this to happen and how do I fix it?
I followed the instructions in the manual, multiple times.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Brown

RE: Question Concerning Kerberos "Additional Pre-Authorization Required" Error

Posted by Ed Brown <Ed...@sas.com>.
Hi Stefan,
I used: https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html.

I'm using version 2.0.0-M19. I rolled back from M20 to get around an Apache DS Studio bug.

Ed Brown

> I'm getting the following error when I tried to authenticate using Kerberos from Apache DS Studio:
>
> [15:27:55] DEBUG [org.apache.directory.shared.kerberos.messages.KrbError] - KrbError initial value :
> KRB-ERROR : {
>     pvno: 5
>     msgType: KRB_ERROR
>     sTime: 20150608192755Z
>     susec: 0
>     errorCode: Additional pre-authentication required
>     realm: EDWIN.COM
>     sName: { name-type: KRB_NT_SRV_INST, name-string : <'krbtgt', 'mytest.com'>realm: MYTEST.COM }
>     eText: Additional pre-authentication required
>

> What is causing this to happen and how do I fix it?
> I followed the instructions in the manual, multiple times.

Which manual did you follow, can you post the link to it?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: Question Concerning Kerberos "Additional Pre-Authorization Required" Error

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Ed,

Posted by Ed Brown <Ed...@sas.com>.
Thank you.
I did that and now I get another error. I've posted what that error is in another thread.

Ed Brown

> I'm getting the following error when I tried to authenticate using
> Kerberos from Apache DS Studio:
>
> [15:27:55] DEBUG
> [org.apache.directory.shared.kerberos.messages.KrbError]
> - KrbError initial value :
> KRB-ERROR : {
>     pvno: 5
>     msgType: KRB_ERROR
>     sTime: 20150608192755Z
>     susec: 0
>     errorCode: Additional pre-authentication required
>     realm: EDWIN.COM
>     sName: { name-type: KRB_NT_SRV_INST, name-string : <'krbtgt', '
> mytest.com'>realm: MYTEST.COM }
>     eText: Additional pre-authentication required
>
> try after turning off the pre-auth mechanism in server
to turn it off:
1. go to the entry
ads-serverId=kerberosServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
2. set ads-krbPaEncTimestampRequired to FALSE 3. restart the server

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Question Concerning Kerberos "Additional Pre-Authorization Required" Error

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com