Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com> on 2005/01/26 18:06:18 UTC

Getting Into Search

Hello;

My lucene application has been performing well in our company's CMS
application. The plan now is too offer "advanced searching".

I just bought the eBook version of Lucene in Action to help with my research
(it is taking Amazon for ever to ship the printed version to Canada).

The book looks great and will certainly deepen my understanding. But I am
suffering a bit of information over load.

I was hoping I could post the rough requirments I was given this morning and
perhaps some more experienced Luceners could help direct my research (this
can even be pointing me to relevant sections of the book).

1. Documents in the system contain the following fields, ModificationDate,
CreationDate. A query is required that allows users to search for documents
created/modified on a certain date or within a certain date range.

2. Documents in the system also contains fields: Title, Path. A query is
required that allows users to search for Titles or Path starting with,
ending with, containing (this is all the system currently does) or matching
specific term(s).

Later today I will get more specific requirments. For now I am looking
through Analysis section of the eBook for ideas on how to handle this. Any
tips anyone can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

Re: Getting Into Search

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.
Thanks Otis. Haven't seen it in either store (at least the ones in downtown
Toronto I usually shop at).

Their website says it ships in 24 hrs. It was cheaper on Amazon.ca so I went
that route for my printed version.

Luke

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Luke,