Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca> on 2009/02/03 17:15:38 UTC

Re: How Struts2 recognize "WEB-INF/tiles/....xml " files?

Good morning Antonio,

>> Under struts2 + tiles2, I know tiles.xml under WEB-INF will work.

>> But is there a way, that I can create
>> tiles_login_part1.xml
>> tiles_login_part2.xml
>> tiles_login_part3.xml
>
> Sorry? What do you mean? You create it with a text editor...

The above file names are just examples.

Basically, I do *not* want to put all definitions within one tiles.xml
file.

login  logics are in tiles_login.xml
browse logics are in tiles_browse.xml

Instead of saving all definitions in tiles.xml, I'd like to separate
them into different xml files.

>> and put under /WEB-INF/tiles/ directory.
>> How struts2 is able to recognize /WEB-INF/tiles/ please?

 > See:
 > http://tiles.apache.org/2.0/framework/tutorial/configuration.html

I'd like to save titles_login.xml, tiles_browse.xml.... into
"/WEB-INF/tiles/" directory, but I still do not see how
<servlet-class>org.apache.tiles.web.startup.TilesServlet</servlet-class>
could help me?

Thanks,
Lu Ying

Re: How Struts2 recognize "WEB-INF/tiles/....xml " files?

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
It works. Thank you very much for all your help!

--
Lu Ying

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.
Try:

  <context-param>    <param-name>definitions-config</param-name>
<param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles/tiles_login.xml,/WEB-INF/tiles/tiles_browse.xml</param-value>
 </context-param>

Find out more at
http://tiles.apache.org/config-reference.html#BasicTilesContainer%20configuration

  (*Chris*)

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:

> Good morning Antonio,
>

>  Under struts2 + tiles2, I know tiles.xml under WEB-INF will work.
>>>

>  But is there a way, that I can create
>>> tiles_login_part1.xml
>>> tiles_login_part2.xml