Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2008/10/28 22:43:57 UTC

More sofisticated resource filtering? extracting substrings from properties etc?

Is there anyway of doing string operations when using resource filtering?
eg. something like "${project.version?substring(0,2)}" or
"${project.version?replace("-",".")}" ? (freemarker style here)

I ask since I want to generate an RPM spec file and then rpmbuild doesn't
like dashes ("-") in the version (eg as in "0.0.1-SNAPSHOT")
But I can imagine other situation were similar situations can occur as
well...

If not, is there any other "resource filtering" plugin that could be used?