Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tam Dinh <st...@hotmail.com> on 2020/10/11 17:41:28 UTC

Need Help on Apache Nifi Installation

Hi All,

After I download the file: nifi-1.12.1-bin.tar.gz, I did extract it and saw the folder ..\nifi-1.12.1. I then double click on the file: run-nifi.bat. After I ran that file, I have seen the Command Prompt windows popup and gone quickly. Finally, after I went to: localhost:8080/nifi/ in the browser, I have seen the screen:
Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Could you please help to let me know what I did wrong here?

Thanks for your help,

Tam

Re: Need Help on Apache Nifi Installation

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Tam,

The error message in the log:

2020-10-11 12:13:27,609 ERROR [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdErr Failed to start web server: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8080

Indicates that there is already another application (or another instance of nifi) running on port 8080. So you’ll need to shut down that application or change the conf/nifi.properties file to listen in a different port.

Thanks
-Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 11, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Tam Dinh <st...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I am now able to start Nifi, but it went down right after I started. I attach the information in the log file in this email.
Could you please help to let me know what I did wrong here?

Thanks for your help,

Tam

<PostMessage_20201011.txt>

Re: Need Help on Apache Nifi Installation

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Tam,

Someone else recently reported trouble running in windows when the directory name had a space in it. Can you try changing the directory name so that it has no spaces and try again?

Thanks
-Mark

Sent from my iPhone