Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <am...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/04/01 06:26:36 UTC

Re: log

Along with JobTracker maintaining history in ${hadoop.log.dir}/logs/history, in branch 0.20, the job history is available in a user location also. User location can be specified for configuration “hadoop.job.history.user.location”. By default, if nothing is specified for the configuration, the history will be created in output directory of the job. The user history can be disabled by specifying the value “none” for configuration.

Gang, if you are not seeing the history for some of your jobs, there could be a couple of reasons.

 1.  Your job does not have any output directory. You can specify a different location for user history.
 2.  Job history got disabled for some problem with Job’s configuration. You can check JobTracker logs here and verify if the history got disabled.

Thanks
Amareshwari

On 4/1/10 12:13 AM, "Gang Luo" <lg...@yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

Thanks Abhishek.
but I observe that some of my job output has no such _log directory. Actually, I run a script which launch 100+ jobs. I didn't find the log for any of the output. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Gang