Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 21:08:40 UTC

[1.2.x Win32] apr.dsp references non-existing buffer.c?

While (for the first time in a looong time) trying to build APR, I
built the 1.2.x branch on Win32 tonight. I'm however getting an error
from the DSP file: it expects a file file_io/win32/buffer.c to exist,
yet it doesn't...

Removing that file from the solution and rebuilding fixes the problem.

HTH,

Erik.

Re: [1.2.x Win32] apr.dsp references non-existing buffer.c?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> > 1>Build log was saved at
> > "file://c:\Users\Erik\Documents\apr-1.2.x\LibD\BuildLog.htm"
> >
> > Hope you can help!
>
> svn status apr.dsp
>
> svn info apr.dsp

Turned out there were some unversioned files left behind after all.
Sorry, but thanks very much for your time!

bye,

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> 1>Build log was saved at
> "file://c:\Users\Erik\Documents\apr-1.2.x\LibD\BuildLog.htm"
>
> Hope you can help!

svn status apr.dsp

svn info apr.dsp

Re: [1.2.x Win32] apr.dsp references non-existing buffer.c?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 10/8/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> > While (for the first time in a looong time) trying to build APR, I
> > built the 1.2.x branch on Win32 tonight. I'm however getting an error
> > from the DSP file: it expects a file file_io/win32/buffer.c to exist,
> > yet it doesn't...
> >
> > Removing that file from the solution and rebuilding fixes the problem.
>
> There's no such reference on 1.2.x branch, sure you had svn up'ped and
> svn revert'ed any local changes?

Yup. But to be sure, I reverted again (file list turned up empty),
restarted VS and reran 'build apr'.

The output is this:

1>------ Build started: Project: apr, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>buffer.c
1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:
'.\file_io\win32\buffer.c': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Users\Erik\Documents\apr-1.2.x\LibD\BuildLog.htm"
1>apr - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hope you can help!

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> While (for the first time in a looong time) trying to build APR, I
> built the 1.2.x branch on Win32 tonight. I'm however getting an error
> from the DSP file: it expects a file file_io/win32/buffer.c to exist,
> yet it doesn't...
>
> Removing that file from the solution and rebuilding fixes the problem.

There's no such reference on 1.2.x branch, sure you had svn up'ped and
svn revert'ed any local changes?

Bill