Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org> on 2013/07/03 13:17:48 UTC

Re: cryptic error messages [SOLVED]

I've found that between this line of code:
>    RepeatingView rv = new RepeatingView("repeatingDocTypes");

and these ones:
>    for (...)
>      addDocTypeBox(rv, docs);

I actually had an extra rv.newChildId() hidden in calls which obviously bumped
the next id value...

Still I can't understand the dot Vs/ column reason, but I guess I can consider
them equivalent, right?

Re: cryptic error messages [SOLVED]

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

the dot is a leftover from the days when Wicket used '.' to separate
component paths.

I've fixed the exception message to use PATH_SEPARATOR, i.e. ':'

Thanks
Sven