Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Aleš Trček <Al...@halcom.si> on 2013/08/30 00:41:02 UTC

Reappearing messages with qpidc and bdb persistency store

Hi all,

Every now and then, when I restart my qpidc broker (version 0.22) some messages reappear in the queues, although they were long since taken from the queues (and committed).
Something like that (qpid-stat output):
  queue                                          dur  autoDel  excl  msg   msgIn  msgOut  bytes  bytesIn  bytesOut  cons  bind
  ==============================================================================================================================
  some_queue_or_another                              Y            0   125    125       0   1.31k    1.31k        1     5

I then restart (qpidd --quit; qpidd --daemon --load-module ....) the broker, and I get something like this:
  queue                                          dur  autoDel  excl  msg   msgIn  msgOut  bytes  bytesIn  bytesOut  cons  bind
  ==============================================================================================================================
  some_queue_or_another                              Y           125   125   0        1.31k   1.31k       0        1     5

Queues are created like this:
qpid-config add queue some_queue_or_another --durable --argument=qpid.priorities=10 --file-count=16 --file-size=512

As said, sometimes the messages magically reappear, sometimes they don't. I didn't yet get the pattern when or why.
I use transacted sessions, and I am sure, that all messages get committed OK.

Did anybody else have some similar problem?

Regards,
Ales

Re: Reappearing messages with qpidc and bdb persistency store

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Aleš,
I haven't met this, but here are some hints to troubleshoot/investigate it:

1) Before each broker shutdown, run (and keep output of) commands:
qpid-stat -q
qpid-stat -u     (to see subscriptions - you will see unacknowledged messages there)
store_chk <directory_with_journal_of_the_queue>    (to examine journal content)

2) Once the problem re-occurs, run the commands again and compare outputs.

Hope that helps in you investigation.

Kind regards,
Pavel