Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws> on 2012/03/06 20:05:41 UTC

Activemq for high performance and scalable use.

Dears,
I'm willing to use activemq , I have the following questions:
1- which database I should use for high performance and more than 250000 request daily from tcp channel to activemq.
2- what is default configuration?

If I use jdbc is it slower?i'm thinking to use oracle !! is it with good performance?

Which is better ? Activemq message store? Kahadb or oracle? The issue is oracle can be queried easily but I believe jdbc makes things slower

Appreciate your feedback,

Thanks,
Omar atia

Re: Activemq for high performance and scalable use.

Posted by Björn Bength <bj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Omar
It depends on in what time-span you expect those 250000 requests, and
what latency you can tolerate.
If all your requests are spread over 24 hours, you have no worries at
all. You can choose whatever.
When you you start getting 250000 per hour, you can start thinking
about moving your app from your laptop to a dedicated server or
upgrade to a an SSD disk.
If you need lower latency choose kahadb and maybe a couple of extra producers.
Good luck

Posted by Omar Atia <om...@its.ws>.
I'm using it in camel-context :).

This is the mailing list for Apache Camel.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi