Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Matthew C Huth <mc...@ra.rockwell.com> on 2010/08/28 01:10:07 UTC

How do I run without using 8080?

I have roller installed and running.  I believe I have Apache configured
correctly.   I am able to access the front page of roller without 8080 in
the URL which is good.  However, I see most links are built with 8080 in
them.  For example, links to a weblog and link to Login do not have 8080.
But links to a weblog entry, link to main menu have 8080 in them.   How do
I configure to run completely without 8080 in any of the links?

Apache 2.2  using mod_jk
Tomcat 6
Roller 4.0.1

Thanks,

Matt

Re: How do I run without using 8080?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

Roller's URLs are built based on the context into which it is
installed, not hard-wired for localhost or 8080. So, if you install
Roller into a server at http://myserver:5050 at the root context then
your URLs will all start with that URL. If you install it into a
server at http://blogs.apache.org then all your URLs will start with
that.

Refer to the Tomcat docs for information on how to set the port number
to something other than 8080 and how to deploy to a context other than
"/roller."

Roller will attempt to guess the correct base URL to use and in some
cases this can be a problem, for example when your server answers to
both http://localhost and http://myserver. If Roller does guess the
wrong URL then you can set the absolute URL of the site via the Server
Admin page to se the "Absolute URL to site (if required)."

- Dave