Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Alexandra Alecu <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 18:05:06 UTC

Replication of -ROOT- and .META. directories

Hi guys,

Would you recommend using 'hadoop fs -setrep' on the -ROOT- and .META.
directories under /hbase to increase the replication?
Intuitively this would give a better chance in case of hardware/region
failure or even could give faster access to the data regions? However I am
not sure if I am right in my intuition and if this would benefit HBase or
not.

Thanks,
Alexandra.

Re: Replication of -ROOT- and .META. directories

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
It wouldn't hurt as you mention for increased tolerance of loss of data nodes. But the clients cache ROOT and META so read performance gain will be negligible.

   - Andy