Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Carl Sziebert <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 23:38:14 UTC

Remoting

Hello all:

Let me preface my message with this: I am relatively new to Shale and
the remoting capabilities it has to offer.  I am curious to understand
the functionality better.  I'd like to know if it is possible to pull
in the contents of a JSP in as part of the response. If so, can the
JSP have JSF tags in it and how would I go about this? I have a
backing bean defined in my config file as
<managed-bean-name>remoting$cartHandler</managed-bean-name> and am
successfully calling the addItem method. (ex:
sendRequest("/concierge/dynamic/remoting$cartHandler/addItem.jsf?hotelId="
+ escape(id), cartHandlerCallback); )  If this is possible, I am
assuming that I'll still have to call context.responseComplete(),
correct?

Thanks in advance.

Carl

Re: Remoting