Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2002/11/01 12:24:38 UTC

not rendering into the correct html?

i think i've found a bug in the transforming of something like
this:

  <anchor id="foo">bar</anchor>

into html.  rather than getting

  <a name="foo">bar</a>

i'm getting an empty anchor

  <a name="foo"></a>

not desired behaviour, i suspect..  and certainly not expected,
at least not by me..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Re: not rendering into the correct html?

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

> >   <anchor id="foo">bar</anchor>
>
> According to the DTD, that isn't valid.  Anchors must be empty.
>
> Btw, if you update to the latest CVS, it has XML validation built in,
> which would catch bugs like this.

did this this am, est.  post validation enhancement.  it wasn't
caught.  just updated, re-built, and re-ran, still didn't catch
it.

> Actually, if you wait a bit I'll commit a fix to the tabs problem you
> reported yesterday..

rockin'!

Re: not rendering into the correct html?

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 06:24:38AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> i think i've found a bug in the transforming of something like
> this:
>
>   <anchor id="foo">bar</anchor>

According to the DTD, that isn't valid.  Anchors must be empty.

> into html.  rather than getting
>
>   <a name="foo">bar</a>
>
> i'm getting an empty anchor
>
>   <a name="foo"></a>
>
> not desired behaviour, i suspect..  and certainly not expected,
> at least not by me..

Btw, if you update to the latest CVS, it has XML validation built in,
which would catch bugs like this.

Actually, if you wait a bit I'll commit a fix to the tabs problem you
reported yesterday..

--Jeff