Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by sameer <sa...@c2.org> on 1996/01/04 22:41:19 UTC

proxy module wanted

	Has anyone done any work towards implementing a proxy module
for Apache? Does anyone want to? I might be able to arrange for some
sort of payment for someone who would write such a module. (The module
would be released under the standard apache license)

--
sameer						Voice:   510-601-9777x3
Community ConneXion				FAX:     510-601-9734

Re: proxy module wanted

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, sameer wrote:

> 	Has anyone done any work towards implementing a proxy module
> for Apache? Does anyone want to? I might be able to arrange for some
> sort of payment for someone who would write such a module. (The module
> would be released under the standard apache license)

Interesting that you asked. I'm nearing completion on a module for Apache
that might do what you want. It implements a caching HTTP (doesn't do
ftp, gopher, etc, nor am I planing to) server in an Apache module, based
somewhat on the CERN httpd command set, but with less features, at least
for now. I hope to be done with a working version within a week or so, an
I'll put it somewhere where the group can look at it.

--/ Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> /--------/ Lefler on IRC