Posted to users@maven.apache.org by da...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2009/07/09 14:20:50 UTC

Dependencies missing from classpath

I've built a Resource Adaptor and have a pom file that also builds and
installs a separate client jar into my local repository.  This all seems to
work fine.  I've then got a separate Web Service which has a dependency on
the client jar file.  The problem is that the client jar isn't added to the
classpath, hence the compile of the Web Service fails.

If you change the name of the client jar file in the repository the compile
fails saying that it can't find a dependency.  If you put the name back it
then just 'ignores' it.  Running with a -X on maven I can see the dependency
listed - it just 'disappears' when it comes to the classpath.  It is also not
included as a required library when you create an exlipse project.

Anyone any thoughts as to why a dependency wouldn't be added to the
classpath.

Thanks

Dave

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company. If you receive it in error please delete it, inform the sender and do not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Orange Personal Communications Services Limited is an English company (registered no. 2178917) with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.
Orange Retail Limited is an English company (registered no. 2439104) with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.
Orange Home UK Limited is an English company (registered no. 3014367) with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.
.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.