Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/29 10:09:46 UTC

Flink JMX

Hi All,

I am using Flink-1.1.1 and i enabled JMX metrics in configuration file. In
the task manger log i can see JMX is running.

Is this metrics  exposed only through Flink Metrics API's ?

I tried to connect to flink JMX URL using normal javax , but connections
getting refused.

*Sreejith.S*
https://github.com/srijiths/
http://srijiths.wordpress.com/
tweet2sree@twitter <http://tweet2Sree>

Re: Flink JMX

Posted by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Chesnay, your pointer on "java.rmi.server.hostname"
solved the issue. Now i am able to get flink metrics in 1.1.1

"host" setting in JMX Reporter was because i thought of not exposing JMX
metrics as public. Since my flink cluster is in AWS cloud. So i tried to
bind it to private ip and private to pulic ip mapping for JMX port is
disabled.Not sure this make sense :)

Thank You @Robert for the comments.

Regards,
Srijith