Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Rousseau <da...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/01/16 02:24:38 UTC

[users@httpd] page loading problems

How can I get my index.shtml file to display by simply typing members
instead of members/index.shtml?

I still want my index.html pages to display automatically in my other
directories too.

Is it possible to set up .shtml files to display in one directory
automatically, but .html files in another directory?

Thank You,
Daniel Rousseau

Re: [users@httpd] page loading problems

Posted by Kevin Smith <ke...@netsmith.ltd.uk>.
This should do it...

 <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
 </IfModule>

Regards,

Kevin

Posted by Daniel Rousseau <da...@sbcglobal.net>.
Thanks!!!

You can specify this for the whole server, each VirtualHost or per
directory.
If you use
DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml
apache will look first for index.html and if this is not there it will
look for index.shtml.

Jurgen

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,