Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vincent Charlot <vc...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/08 17:23:41 UTC

Updating XML datas in a SQL database

Hi!

I'm using a mySQL Database. One of the columns is a string column where I want to store XML datas.

I'd like to update (or insert) XML datas in the column. The problem is, when the update is processed : instead of having <data><col1>blabla</col1><col2>abcd>/col2></data>
in the column, I obtain : blablaabcd  (the tags are removed!!).

I tried to use <![CDATA[...]]> and also <xsl:output cdata-section-elements="data"/>,
but, I didn't succeed....

I need help, thanks

Vincent

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

Re: Updating XML datas in a SQL database

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Vincent Charlot wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using a mySQL Database. One of the columns is a string column
> where I want to store XML datas.
>
> I'd like to update (or insert) XML datas in the column. The problem is,
> when the update is processed : instead of having
> <data><col1>blabla</col1><col2>abcd>/col2></data>
> in the column, I obtain : blablaabcd  (the tags are removed!!).
>
> I tried to use <![CDATA[...]]> and also <xsl:output
> cdata-section-elements="data"/>,
> but, I didn't succeed....

If you could share some more details like how you store the data, obtain
the XML for storing, test the result of the insert statement..... IOW
without more or less the complete example, we're not able to help you.

	Chris.