Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Wynter <da...@btclick.com> on 2001/12/03 15:01:39 UTC

How to save a jobentry that does not run, yet

Hello,

I have created a class that holds the job id of a saved jobentry. Instances
of this class can be dependent on each other with a relationship of
'succeeds me'. Thus a jobentry runs and completes it's work then looks up a
succeeding jobentry, modifies the time to run so that that jobentry runs
immediately after the preceding jobentry has finished it's work. Because the
jobentries have to be in the database when the scheduler service first runs
all the jobentry must be in the database. The problem I need to overcome is
that I do not want the dependent ('succeeds' relationship to another
jobentry) jobentry to run until the preceeding jobentry it is dependent on
has run. Is there a way to prevent them running?

My thoughts are that I could
a) Add a service that checks my representation of jobentry for completetion
and a dependent task that succeeds and dynamcally adds those.
b) Give the dependent jobentry an illegal value like second = -1, this works
but fills the log with messages about the illegal argument.

Any better ideas?

regards

David