Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2008/10/24 01:18:47 UTC

sa-update

Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for a couple of months do a rollout, so I came back
to my SA today as I have seen A LOT more spam coming in than normal,  I
upgraded to 3.2.5  today, and ran sa-update  but , i dont seem to see any new
rules, and i;m getting clobbered with spam.

Has something cahnged? are the rules still going into
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassasin

I run site wide config

freebsd 6.2

TIA

JP

Re: sa-update

Posted by Jim Knuth <jk...@jkart.de>.
Am 24.10.2008 9:30 Uhr, schrieb mouss:
> Jim Knuth a écrit :

>>> no these are your custom rules.
>>>
>>> sa-update rules go to /var/db/spamassassin/...
>> But on Debian to /var/lib/spamassassin/..   ;)
>>

> sure, but I doubt he is running Debian on top of freebsd 6.2 with

Yes, sorry. I do not seen.

--
mit freundlichem Gruss - with kind regard
Jim Knuth

Bitte keine geschaeftliche Anfragen.
Dies ist mein privater Account!
Please ask no business inquiries.
That is only my private account!

Re: sa-update

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.

Re: sa-update

Posted by Jim Knuth <jk...@jkart.de>.

Re: sa-update

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.

RE: sa-update

Posted by Richard Doyle <rd...@islandnetworks.com>.
On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 19:43 -0400, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I used to get about 19-15 spam messages in my box per week, now , eve today I
> got 11-
>
> and they are hardly hitting any rules,  anything new (rbl's etc..)  I should
> look into?
jm_sought rules are useful
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SoughtRules

RE: sa-update

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

________________________________

Posted by Luis Croker <lc...@megacable.com.mx>.
   I did it today...  I have the server in FREBsd and the new rules are
in /var/db/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org.  The
conventional rules are in /usr/local/share/spamassassin.

   Maybe you can find any  directory  named spamassassin to check where
they are.

   Regards.

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 19:18 -0400, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been out of the loop for a couple of months do a rollout, so I came back
> to my SA today as I have seen A LOT more spam coming in than normal,  I
> upgraded to 3.2.5  today, and ran sa-update  but , i dont seem to see any new
> rules, and i;m getting clobbered with spam.
>

> Has something cahnged? are the rules still going into
> /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassasin
>
> I run site wide config
>
> freebsd 6.2
>
> TIA
>
> JP

Luis Croker
SCSA - SCNA
Administrador de Sistemas
Megacable Comunicaciones
GPG Key1024D/48C1764B
Key fingerprint = E8B6 E84F ECE4 661E 30C7 7208 042D BD09 48C1 764B