Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Steven Nelson <sn...@sourceallies.com> on 2018/12/21 18:48:25 UTC

HA with HDFS question

First off, I am new to using HDFS to store things, so expect stupid
questions.

I am working on hardening our Flink cluster for production usage. This
includes setting up an HA flink cluster, saving checkpoint and savepoints
to a central location etc. I have a functioning HDFS setup inside an HA
Kubernetes cluster. We have successfully stored checkpoint data in the HDFS
directory.

When we specify the location for the HDFS savepoints/checkpoints/HA save
locations we specify the a single namenode in the url. My question is how
do we implement failover in the event that namenode fails? We looked at
putting the namenodes behind a load balancer, except the backup nodes
attempt to respond to writes (and fail). I figure I am missing something
simple.

-Steve

Re: HA with HDFS question

Posted by Steven Nelson <sn...@sourceallies.com>.
Well, I have a fully functioning HDFS HA setup via a helm chart. My
question is more about how to specify the hdfs nodename in such a way so
that if a name node fails it communicates with the new active name node
automatically. Swapnil mentioned configuring nameservice for hdfs namenode
and I was looking for clarification on that.
-Steve

Re: HA with HDFS question

Posted by Andrey Zagrebin <an...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Steve,