Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nitin Pingle <ni...@kenati.com> on 2002/01/08 06:57:23 UTC

my classes -regarding the cactus.properties file problem

hi
regarding cactus.properties file
this is my test class
/**
 * Title:        cactus trials
 * Copyright:    Copyright (c) 2001
 * Company:      Kenati
 * @author Nitin
 * @version 1.0
 */
import org.apache.cactus.*;
import junit.framework.*;
public class ClientTestCase extends ServletTestCase
{

  public ClientTestCase(String name)
  {
    super("testnitin");

  }

  public static void main(String[] theArgs)
  {
    junit.ui.TestRunner.main(new String[] {ClientTestCase.class.getName()});
  }

  public static Test suite()
  {
    return new TestSuite(ClientTestCase.class);
  }

  public void testName()
  {
    ServerClass server=new ServerClass();
    String str=server.getName();
    assertEquals("NITIN",str);
  }

}//class endsø

i have a class in the server called ServerClass
/**
 * Title:        cactus trials
 * Copyright:    Copyright (c) 2001
 * Company:      Kenati
 * @author Nitin
 * @version 1.0
 */

public class ServerClass
{

  public ServerClass()
  {
  }

  public String getName()
  {
    return "NITIN";
  }
}

and this is my cactus.properties file

# Configuration file for Cactus.

# Each project using Cactus need to have such a file put in the client side
# CLASSPATH (Meaning the directory containgin this file should be in the
client
# side CLASSPATH, not the file itself of course ... :) )

# Defines the URLs that will be used by Cactus to call it's redirectors.
# You need to specify in these URLs the webapp context that you use for your
# application. In the example below, the context is "test".

# Servlet Redirector. Used by ServletTestCase test cases.
cactus.servletRedirectorURL = http://localhost:8080/test/ServletRedirector/

# JSP Redirector. Used by JspTestCase test cases.
cactus.jspRedirectorURL = http://localhost:@test.port@/test/JspRedirector/

test is my application context in the tomcat server wher my application
is running.

RE: my classes -regarding the cactus.properties file problem

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Nitin,

Thank you for providing these files but they are not relevant for your
issue with cactus.properties. What you need to provide is your cactus
start script and where you put the cactus.properties file.

Thanks
-Vincent