Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/01/21 01:20:08 UTC

Apache Kafka Scheduler & Executor for Apache mesos

Hi, I have started to work on a scheduler and executor for Apache Kafka
http://kafka.apache.org

I wrote up the high level plan for launching Kafka (brokers, producers,
consumers) on Mesos here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Launching+Kafka+with+Apache+Mesos

I haven't done much yet except implementing the API for scheduler and
executor which I am working on here
https://github.com/stealthly/kafka-mesosand as that becomes functional
posting patches to the KAFKA ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1207 (I also have a test
environment in Vagrant running checked in too)

I will be chipping away at this for the next few weeks (pretty busy until
second week of February) and then should have some focused time to get an
initial implementation (just the broker to start) running (unless I can get
it done before then of course).

Thoughts/Comments/Questions/Concerns/Tomatoes/Feedback welcome!

Thanks!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: Apache Kafka Scheduler & Executor for Apache mesos

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
This is awesome Joe, let us know if we can help!

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
from the way the examples where named and the diagram I thought they were
different but realize now the scheduler is the framework :) right?

I will update the kafka wiki page I created to reflect that so not to
confuse others that don't know mesos

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
Looks great. Thanks for sharing this on the mailing list.