Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> on 2007/05/25 09:06:11 UTC

updateComponent breaks rendering

Hi fellas,

Tapestry 4.1.1

I'm trying to use ajax to update a common component without re-rendering
the whole page, which works to some extent...

Basically I call updateComponent on the top most div inside this
component, as there are a number of sub components each of which need to
update.

However, when when the component is re-rendered it is broken (see attached).

I think I could call updateComponent on the sub components individually
to avoid ajax having to worry about form and nesting, however that's
more work than should be necessary; I thought dojo/tapestry would 'know'
about contained components and re-render them, not re-render the whole
body of the top most div specified in the updateComponent call?

is this a bug?

is it fixed in 4.1.2?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: updateComponent breaks rendering

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure what message board you are talking about - I'm on the apache
users mailing list.

Either way no - I don't think apache allows attachments on their mailing
lists.

On 5/28/07, Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> wrote:

> just curious, did you get two images attached to my original post or
> doesn't the message board allow attachments?
>
> Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> > Yes tapestry is aware of component containing logic and yes whatever
> > problem
> > you are having (attachments aren't allowed on the apache mailing lists
> > so no
> > one saw it ) is probably fixed in 4.1.2.
> >
> > On 5/25/07, Paul Stanton <pa...@gunnsoft.com.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi fellas,
> >>
> >> Tapestry 4.1.1
> >>
> >> I'm trying to use ajax to update a common component without
> re-rendering
> >> the whole page, which works to some extent...
> >>
> >> Basically I call updateComponent on the top most div inside this
> >> component, as there are a number of sub components each of which need
> >> update.
> >>
> >> However, when when the component is re-rendered it is broken (see
> >> attached).
> >>
> >> I think I could call updateComponent on the sub components individually
> >> to avoid ajax having to worry about form and nesting, however that's
> >> more work than should be necessary; I thought dojo/tapestry would
> 'know'
> >> about contained components and re-render them, not re-render the whole
> >> body of the top most div specified in the updateComponent call?
> >>
> >> is this a bug?
> >>
> >> is it fixed in 4.1.2?
> >>
> >> Thanks, Paul.

Jesse Kuhnert