Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/05 15:45:58 UTC

[VOTE] Accept donation of datafusion-substrait crate

Hi,

The DataFusion community has built an integration between DataFusion and
Substrait under the datafusion-contrib GitHub organization [1].

The project is now receiving regular contributions from NVIDIA (who are
using it internally for a research project), and now GreptimeDB have
expressed an interest in contributing as well [2].

I propose that we should now donate this project to Apache Arrow and
continue development as part of the DataFusion repository.

All contributors have signed ICLAs and there is a PR with the donation at
[3].

This vote is to determine if the Arrow PMC is in favor of accepting this
donation. If the vote passes, the PMC and the authors of the code will work
together to complete the ASF IP Clearance process (
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/) and merge the pull request.

I have filled out the first draft of the IP clearance form and submitted it
to the svn repo [4].

[ ] +1 : Accept contribution of datafusion-substrait crate [ ] 0 : No
opinion [ ] -1 : Reject contribution because...

Here is my vote: +1

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,

Andy.

[1] https://github.com/datafusion-contrib/datafusion-substrait
[2] https://github.com/datafusion-contrib/datafusion-substrait/pull/34
[3] https://github.com/apache/arrow-datafusion/pull/4543
[4]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/arrow-datafusion-substrait.xml

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of datafusion-substrait crate

Posted by Kun Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks

vin jake <ja...@gmail.com> 于2023年1月7日周六 19:13写道:

Posted by vin jake <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "L. C. Hsieh" <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Xia <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Daniël Heres <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Raphael Taylor-Davies <r....@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
Incubator vote email thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/m5q4qxr32xzhotljv6z7mg3dofl46rv6

[RESULT] [VOTE] Accept donation of datafusion-substrait crate

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.
Resending with RESULT subject

Posted by Andy Grove <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Horan <pa...@fastmail.com>.