Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Wilfong, Paul" <pa...@ngc.com> on 2007/11/15 23:20:28 UTC

Log4cxx - Mavenizing it...

I was wondering if there might be any plan or interest in "Mavenizing"
the log4cxx project.

If so, there is a C++ Maven 2 plugin available from the Stanford HEP
lab:  http://java.freehep.org/freehep-nar-plugin/intro.html  Might it be
useful?

Re: Log4cxx - Mavenizing it...

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Nov 15, 2007, at 4:20 PM, Wilfong, Paul wrote:

> I was wondering if there might be any plan or interest in
> "Mavenizing" the log4cxx project.
>
> If so, there is a C++ Maven 2 plugin available from the Stanford
> HEP lab:  http://java.freehep.org/freehep-nar-plugin/intro.html
> Might it be useful?

Documentation has been Mavenized.  The current Maven POM drives the
Ant build using cpptasks.  I did look at an earlier native
compilation plugin, but I believe it was for Maven 1.  I wasn't aware
of this one.

Do you have any suggestions on how to address our dependencies (apr,
apr-util, cppunit).  Currently, apr and apr-util are snapshotted into
the SVN repo, but that isn't a desirable long term solution, though
it is better than the previous download on demand solution.  On
Unix's, the package management system can make it pretty
straightforward, but not on Windows.  I had hoped that there could be
some reasonable way to get apr, apr-util and cppunit into the Maven
repo and then use it.