Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com> on 2007/05/17 22:25:44 UTC

[VOTE] XmlBeans 2.3.0 Release

Please vote on the release of XmlBeans 2.3.0 as it currently exists on
http://xmlbeans.apache.org/dist as xmlbeans-2.3.0-RC3*. If the vote
turns out positive, these archives are going to become the final release
and be renamed to xmlbeans-2.3.0*, then signed and uploaded to the
download servers.

Everyone is welcome to make their opinion heard, however the only
binding votes are those of commiters and PMC members. In order for the
vote to pass, we need a majority approval and at least three binding +1
votes.

This vote will end Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007 (End Of Day), so make sure to
cast your vote by then as follows:

[ ] +1  -  I am in favor of this release, and can help
[ ] +0  -  I am in favor of this release, but cannot help
[ ] -0  -  I am not in favor of this release
[ ] -1  -  I am against this proposal (must include a reason)

Radu

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

RE: [VOTE] XmlBeans 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Raj Alagumalai <ak...@bea.com>.
[ ] +1  -  I am in favor of this release, and can help

-Raj

[...]

by email and then delete it.

Posted by Cezar Andrei <ce...@bea.com>.
[X] +1  -  I am in favor of this release, and can help

Cezar

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
This is a very good catch. I hadn't noticed it, but it turns out that
the RC2 files contained saxon jars, which in fact we cannot distribute
(a build glitch apparently), so that would have been a problem.
Fortunately, the RC3 doesn't contain any of them, so we are still good
to go with that.

Radu

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
[x ] +1  -  I am in favor of this release, and can help
-Jacob Danner

Posted by Chris <ch...@hmgcc.gsi.gov.uk>.

Posted by Cezar Andrei <ce...@bea.com>.

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
All righty, then, that makes sense, this is a fairly annoying bug. I
have uploaded a new release candidate, XmlBeans 2.3.0-RC4 that includes
a fix for it (turns out I had a patch for it on my box...) I am going to
send out a new vote e-mail shortly however since this is the 4th RC...

Radu

Posted by Garth Patil <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Posted by Raj Alagumalai <ak...@bea.com>.