Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Loïc Joly <lo...@wanadoo.fr> on 2004/11/02 19:34:48 UTC

Two repositories for one project

Hello,

We are developping our software together with another company, but, for
technical and mostly internal security policies reasons, we cannot share
the access to a single repository over the net.The only synchronisation
mean we have is a CD from time to time.

I was thinking that something like svnadmin dump might help us
integrating the other company's changes into  a dedicated branch on our
repository, but I'm not  sure it would work fine. Does anybody have
experience with this kind of situation, or can provide hints at another
way to do it ?

Best regards,

--
Loïc

Re: Two repositories for one project

Posted by Steve Greenland <st...@lsli.com>.
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 08:34:48PM +0100, Lo?c Joly wrote:
> I was thinking that something like svnadmin dump might help us
> integrating the other company's changes into  a dedicated branch on our
> repository, but I'm not  sure it would work fine. Does anybody have
> experience with this kind of situation, or can provide hints at another
> way to do it ?

It's possible that SVK (a distributed SCM extension to Subversion) might
be of interest: http://svk.elixus.org/

Steve

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.

Re: Two repositories for one project

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Loïc Joly <lo...@wanadoo.fr> writes:
> We are developping our software together with another company, but,
> for technical and mostly internal security policies reasons, we cannot
> share the access to a single repository over the net.The only
> synchronisation mean we have is a CD from time to time.
>
> I was thinking that something like svnadmin dump might help us
> integrating the other company's changes into  a dedicated branch on
> our repository, but I'm not  sure it would work fine. Does anybody
> have experience with this kind of situation, or can provide hints at
> another way to do it ?

See also contrib/client-side/svn_load_dirs.* in the Subversion
distribution.  They may be able to help.

-Karl