Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org> on 2005/04/22 14:53:48 UTC

Re: svn commit: r164224 - /maven/continuum/branches/continuum-1.0-alpha-2/continuum-site

On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 22:31 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> I don't understand why this is necessary?

It's not necessary but I didn't want to keep the site up to date all the
time. I though it was easier to just remove it and later copy over the
site from the release when it was released but now I've done some SVN
reading and asking and figured out how to do merging with SVN so this
point doesn't stand anymore.

> Also, you would merge from here back to trunk after the release, and
> will then need to revert this deletion.

I assumed that the /trunk would be moved to /tags/continuum-1.0-alpha-1
and that /branches/continuum-1.0-alpha-2 would be moved to /trunk. I
don't see any reason for keeping the branch after the release.

--
Trygve

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Trygve Laugstøl wrote:

>I assumed that the /trunk would be moved to /tags/continuum-1.0-alpha-1
>and that /branches/continuum-1.0-alpha-2 would be moved to /trunk. I
>don't see any reason for keeping the branch after the release.

That'll work, but is the long way around :)

usually, you'd svn copy to make alpha-1, and continue working on the
trunk, much like tagging in CVS.

- Brett