Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Gregory P. Ennis" <Po...@PoMec.net> on 2014/01/24 20:46:33 UTC

Intersting Problem related to remote access to openoffice 3.1.1

Everyone,

I have a server with centos 5.10 that has openoffice 3.1.1.  I am trying
to use openoffice as a text editor trough a gui interface with various
versions of fedora.  The fedora machines connect remotely via ssh -Y
utility@server.com through a konsole window.   The problem that is
present occurs when two different users connect to the same account on
the server ie utility@server.com or if the same user connects twice to
the server using the same account and starts openoffice in both konsole
panels.  When this occurs the temporary files that openoffice creates
get corrupted which causes both edits to fail.

Is there a way to cause openoffice to create different temporary files
when two or more users are opening files via openoffice on the same
account on the server.  I did not want to be required to create
different accounts on the server for each remote user, and I would like
the users to be able to open more than one openoffice on the same
account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Greg Ennis

RE: Intersting Problem related to remote access to openoffice 3.1.1

Posted by Maurice Howe <ma...@stny.rr.com>.
My suggestion isn't very "OpenOffice friendly" but it may serve your need
perfectly.  Look into Google's DRIVE facility.  It lets multiple users
operate on a file simultaneously without any conflict.  I've used it with
great success in maintaining a very large membership file.  It is very easy
to use, and it's feature rich.

Maurice Howe