Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by bilobag <bi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/10/22 19:26:31 UTC

workspace.copy() and AccessManager issue

So I am using the workspace.copy() method in jackrabbit and that seems to be
working fine.  However, I just implemented my custom AccessManager and here
is the problem.  I currently load an ACL (Access Control List) of all the
nodes and permissions that a user has during the login process.  The
AccessManager checks against this ACL to grant access to a node.  Typically
if i add/change a node, I will add this node and its permissions to the ACL
list.  The workspace.copy() method does not return a uuid or reference to
the node it just created, therefore I need to get the item from the
repository by absPath.  But i can not get the node because the ACL does not
have an entry for the new node and the AccessManager is restricting access
to the node.  Has anyone had this issue or does anyone have a solution?
Ideally I just need a way to copy a node and get its uuid in one operation.
The actually copy() is working, but I am unable to get the uuid so I can add
it to my user ACL.  Any ideas?