Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Pavel Yakovlev <ha...@citycat.ru> on 1999/06/11 07:48:08 UTC

Re[2]: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) - I am under SCO

Ben Laurie wrote:
BL> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>  i386-unknown-sco3             no      Ben Laurie
>>  i386-unknown-sco5             no      Ben Laurie
BL> Speaking of broken Unix, I no longer have access to SCO of any
BL> description.
BL> Cheers,
BL> Ben.

I work under SCO OpenServer (now it is 5.0.4) with Apache for last 3 years.
I have a free time. Can I help Apache Group?

P.S. Two weeks ago I was trying to upload Apache-SCO's binaries,
but webmaster@apache.org said "For members only. We have Ben for SCO"

P.P.S. I have not SCO3 - it is veeeeeeery old

Pavel Yakovlev   http://www.citycat.ru/
WebMaster and coAuthor of CityCat project.
e-mail: hac@citycat.ru ICQ 8085803     PPY-RIPN
"If it looks like a bug, waddles like a bug, and quacks like a bug, its a quack!"

Re: [STATUS] (apache-1.3) - I am under SCO

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Pavel Yakovlev wrote:

> Ben Laurie wrote:
> BL> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> >>  i386-unknown-sco3             no      Ben Laurie
> >>  i386-unknown-sco5             no      Ben Laurie
> BL> Speaking of broken Unix, I no longer have access to SCO of any
> BL> description.
> BL> Cheers,
> BL> Ben.
>
> I work under SCO OpenServer (now it is 5.0.4) with Apache for last 3 years.
> I have a free time. Can I help Apache Group?

Please do. Submit patches as needed for SCO.

> P.S. Two weeks ago I was trying to upload Apache-SCO's binaries,
> but webmaster@apache.org said "For members only. We have Ben for SCO"

The question of binaries is trickier. I think the current policy is
members only, which makes sense to me: the alternative is to allow
binaries of unknown provenance, which really can't be a good idea. Not
being a big binary fan, I haven't paid close attention to this issue :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html