Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by co...@apache.org on 1998/07/23 12:51:37 UTC

Re: config/2671: A page called "It Worked" comes up instead of my index page

Synopsis: A page called  "It Worked" comes up instead of my index page

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul 23 03:51:36 PDT 1998
State-Changed-Why:

The problem is probably that the file you're changing, and
that you think is your main site page, is not the one the
server has been told is the front door.  Check your *.conf
files for the settings of the 'DocumentRoot' and
'AccessFileName' directives.  Those probably point to
the htdocs/index.html file under where the server kit
was unpacked.  Either change *that* index.html, or
(preferably) change the DocumentRoot to point to the
directory where you want your content to be, and restart
the server.

No charge. :-)

Release-Changed-From-To: 2.5.1-1.3.1(?)
Release-Changed-By: coar
Release-Changed-When: Thu Jul 23 03:51:36 PDT 1998
Class-Changed-From-To: support-mistaken
Class-Changed-By: coar
Class-Changed-When: Thu Jul 23 03:51:36 PDT 1998
Category-Changed-From-To: apache-api-config
Category-Changed-By: coar
Category-Changed-When: Thu Jul 23 03:51:36 PDT 1998