Posted to user@ant.apache.org by aatankwadi aatankwadi <go...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/09/14 09:18:24 UTC

Need to add one generic get/set attribute in Project API

Hi,

  I m facing a problem, I want to persist one object through out my project, so I want to put it in some name/value pair, so that I can access it anywhere in my project.

  I am developing a custom sql task that can reuse the connection object created once, rather then using current sql task which create the connection again and again,
  I want to put this connection object in to project instance so that I can access it any where in my project, but no such method(set/get property or attribute) available in current API which can hold an object.
  set property only stores string, where as I need to put an object

  Can ANT Developer can override method(setProperty,getProperty) in Project class which can store an object so that this can act as a generic method for all objects.
  public void setProperty(String key, Object obj2)
  public Object getProperty(String key)

  Please do the needfull as soon as possible or suggest some alternate solution.

  Thanks,
  AbhiNandan
        "Abhi Nahi To Kabhi Nahi"