Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org> on 2011/02/06 21:13:02 UTC

isolated runurl testing

Hi, guys.

I'm sure that there's been discussion about this, but I wanted to call
attention to something.  Implementing WHIRR-124 was pretty tough due to
needing changes to runurl scripts.   In WHIRR-124, provider keys are now
different, and these are hard-coded in the runurl scripts.  I don't even
know where the version control is for these scripts.   I'd like to be able
to change my local copy of hadoop's post-configure and not have to worry
about who's using the public s3 bucket at the time, and I'd like to push
changes to runurl scripts as a part of a patch.

How close are we to being able to isolate tests to only use files or code in
a local checkout of svn?

Cheers,
-Adrian

Re: isolated runurl testing

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@jclouds.org>.
Thanks.  I think I'll just do this as a part of WHIRR-124

-a

Re: isolated runurl testing

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.

Re: isolated runurl testing