Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 15:05:03 UTC

High Network Trafic from client to Red5 when streaming screen

Good day to All,

I am testing screen streaming and recording using a customized code based
on OpenMeetings.

I have noticed high Network traffic going to Red5 server when the screen is
viewing a movie and have the following questions:

Is it possible to replace ScreenV1 codec for screen streaming and recording?

How can it be replaced? With what codec? Please let me know if there are
any open source examples.

If the codec cannot be replaced, what could be the appropriate way for the
program to detect heavy data being transmitted and reject it.

 Thanks,

Sonia

Re: High Network Trafic from client to Red5 when streaming screen

Posted by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks very much Maxim for the information and advice.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sonia,

--
WBR