Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Kenny <in...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 09:46:41 UTC

RulesDuJour

The configuration that I inherited had only got TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE
SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_RANDOM"; in /etc/rulesdujour/config. This obviously
allows a lot of spam to filter through  (or at elaast would allow the rules
to become outdated). Looking at rulesdujour.sh I notice it references a lot
mor rule sets than these. What problems might I encounter if I add all of
these (except for those noted as pre 3.0) to my config file?

mike

Re: RulesDuJour

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 8-Dec-2006, at 01:46, Mike Kenny wrote:
> The configuration that I inherited had only got
> TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE
> SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_RANDOM"; in /etc/rulesdujour/config. This
> obviously
> allows a lot of spam to filter through  (or at elaast would allow
> the rules
> to become outdated). Looking at rulesdujour.sh I notice it
> references a lot
> mor rule sets than these. What problems might I encounter if I add
> all of
> these (except for those noted as pre 3.0) to my config file?

Well, ALL of them would be a bit much.

The drawback is that some will add some overheard, both in time and
in resources, to processing messages.  The more messages your
mailserver gets, the more you care about that.

I would look at the SARE ones and enable those that sound good to
you, and see how that goes.

--
You may be anti anti-spam-kook if: Despite having invented the FUSSP,
you not only don't know the difference between the SMTP envelope and