Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luiz Ricardo <lu...@itx.com.br> on 2002/10/01 16:29:36 UTC

Load balancing + replicated sessions

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to configure Tomcat + Apache to
replicate sessions under a load balancing configuration.

Example, I have two Tomcat instances (TC1 and TC2) and the session in TC1
would be replicated in TC2 and the sessions in TC2 would be replicated in
TC1, so if TC1 crashes the requests would be redirected to TC2 without lost
sessions and vice-versa.

Luiz Ricardo

Re: Load balancing + replicated sessions

Posted by Luiz Ricardo <lu...@itx.com.br>.
thanks so much.

Luiz Ricardo

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>.
See http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat. you can
do in memmory session replication across JVMs through TCP.

Ben Ricker

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 09:29, Luiz Ricardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to configure Tomcat + Apache to
> replicate sessions under a load balancing configuration.
>
> Example, I have two Tomcat instances (TC1 and TC2) and the session in TC1
> would be replicated in TC2 and the sessions in TC2 would be replicated in
> TC1, so if TC1 crashes the requests would be redirected to TC2 without lost
> sessions and vice-versa.
>
> Luiz Ricardo

Ben Ricker <br...@wellinx.com>
Wellinx.com