Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Ben Davis <be...@boldidea.org> on 2019/11/09 17:36:19 UTC

Any way to run custom scripting between login and connection?

In my attempt to make my VDI solution as low-cost as possible, I would like
to have desktop VMs running only when needed. That means I need a way to
spin up VMs on-demand. Has anyone tried this?

Is there a way to insert some custom scripting (or plugin), where I could
spin up the VM before a user tries to connect, and then somehow notify the
client that the VM is ready (so it doesn't keep trying to connect until
it's ready)?

Ben Davis

*Education Director*

*214-442-1635  | https://boldidea.org/ <http://boldidea.org/>*

* <https://boldidea.org/donate>*

Re: Any way to run custom scripting between login and connection?

Posted by Darren Wise <da...@wisecorp.co.uk>.
Hey,

I have no concrete fixed solution for you but was trying to reach the almost same end solution and it was moving in a few forms. Firstly the addition of a few buttons (turn on, turn off, restart) as a menu system or selectables associated with the client in general, using some scripting to interface and pass the initial messages to ESXi which as you know controls the VM itself.

But I'm still working on what I have, I do hope you reach a solution for what you desire as I would like to too but am so snowed under with other commitments presently.

Kind regards,
Darren Wise
https://wisecorp.co.uk