Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk> on 2000/07/06 17:17:50 UTC

XSP, SQL tag lib & memory greed

Hi Cocooners,

Well, I am currently trying to understand why so much memory is eaten by my
Cocoon server box (win NT 4 128 megs RAM).

my XSP pages are a mixture of SQL tag lib calls and my own Java beans data
object calls.

I originally thought that I wasn't closing and setting to null my statement
data objects properly, then I suspected a memory leak within Sun's JDBC-ODBC
bridge. But I switched to Easysoft JDBC ODBC bridge and I see the same
issue.

Therefore I suspect I need to understand more about Cocoon's background
cache mechanism.

I have the same XSP SQL tag lib page query (taking no parameter) so it's
cached once. But when I call it several time, the memory used is increasing
dramatically (I return 1000 rows simply formatted as text). I don't
understand why.

This is a problem as far as I am concerned. Because several documents hit
several time a day can fill my NT box memory and then crash the Java VM.

Thx for your help,

Yann.