Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/29 14:59:32 UTC

what is solr clustering component

I just went through solr wiki page for clustering. But i am not getting what
is the benefit of using clustering. Can anyone tell me what is actually
clusering and what its use in indexing and searching.
does it effect search results??
Please reply

-----
Thanks & Regards
Romi

Re: what is solr clustering component

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@carrotsearch.com>.

> and my second question is does clustering effect indexes.

No, it doesn't. Clustering is performed only on the search results produced
by Solr, it doesn't change anything in the index.

Cheers,

Staszek

Re: what is solr clustering component

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.
thanks iorixxx, i changed my configuration to include clustering in search
results. in my xml format search results i got a tag <clusters>, to show
this clusters in to search results do i need to parse this xml.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I just went through solr wiki page
> for clustering. But i am not getting what
> is the benefit of using clustering. Can anyone tell me what
> is actually
> clusering and what its use in indexing and searching.
> does it effect search results??
> Please reply

It is for search result clustering. Try the demo with the query word jaguar.  http://search.carrot2.org/stable/search

It generates clusters and labels. (on the left)