Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de> on 2009/12/03 00:27:36 UTC

maven improvements - help offer

Hello

I started to use buildr and was slightly annoyed by the limited maven
support.

Apart from not resolving properly, I had poms which couldn't be parsed.
I switched the parser to Nokogiri and improved the code to deliver
better results.

Well it does work know but I run into the next big problem:

The transitive methods split up a hash of dependencies and resolves them
individually. Naturally this doesn't work because I need to know all
dependencies to avoid duplicate instances.

The consequence is that I have to change the API. It could look like the
following code snippet. Before I start working on this, is there
interest to integrate this or is there anybody working on something like
this?

MY_DEPS = maven do

add("org.hibernate:hibernate-ehcache:jar:3.3.2.GA:compile").transient.exclude("foo:bar")
    add({ :groupId=>"org.hibernate", :artifactId =>"hibernate-ehcache",
:version=>"3.3.2.GA", :scope=> "compile"}).transient
    add("foo:bar:1.0").exclude('foo:*')
end
define 'laliluna' do
    project.version = '1.1'
    package :jar
    compile.with MY_DEPS
end

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de

Re: maven improvements - help offer

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I would be quite interested in integrating your enhancements.  We
should try to remain backward compatible with the existing transitive() but
apart from that, the field is pretty open for improvements.  Give it your
best shot!

alex