Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Marc Emery <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 14:48:41 UTC

Error getting postgres connection

Hello,

I'm installing MCF 0.5.1 with latest Postgresql 9.1.4

here is my MCF properties.xml

  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.databaseimplementationclass"
value="org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfacePostgreSQL"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.postgresql.hostname"
value="localhost"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.name" value="manifold"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.username"
value="manifold"/>
  <property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.database.password"
value="manifold"/>

the database (manifold) and user (manifold/manifold) are created in Postgres
but when i run initialize.sh, i get the following error:

org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Error getting
connection
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.ConnectionFactory.getConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:106)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeUncachedQuery(Database.java:721)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$QueryCacheExecutor.create(Database.java:1393)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.cachemanager.CacheManager.findObjectsAndExecute(CacheManager.java:144)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeQuery(Database.java:185)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfacePostgreSQL.createUserAndDatabase(DBInterfacePostgreSQL.java:524)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.system.ManifoldCF.createSystemDatabase(ManifoldCF.java:698)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.ManifoldCF.createSystemDatabase(ManifoldCF.java:123)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.InitializeAndRegister.doExecute(InitializeAndRegister.java:37)
at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.InitializeAndRegister.main(InitializeAndRegister.java:60)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: no PostgreSQL user
name specified in startup packet
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:293)
at
org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:108)
at
org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.<init>(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30)
at org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.<init>(Jdbc3Connection.java:24)
at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393)

Any idea would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

marc

Re: Error getting postgres connection

Posted by Marc Emery <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karl,

Yes, you're right, these 2 properties were missing in my config. Database
is ok now, even if the 'manifold' database was already there.

Thanks a lot

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,