Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Ambarish Mitra <am...@persistent.co.in> on 2005/02/24 07:33:26 UTC

No appenders could be found for logger

Hi,

I have written two separate and independent test programs to implement the
log4cxx functionality, one is a stand-alone EXE and the other is a shared
object (.so). The EXE is working correctly, and the shared object is
outputting:

No appenders could be found for logger (Test_so).
Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

Both of these are using the *same* properties file. I have written another
small EXE that just calls the function exposed by the shared object, that's
all. [the shared object has the logging mechanism of log4cxx]

The snippet of the properties file is given below. Please advise if I am
missing something. {OS: Solaris 8; compiler: gcc 3.3.2}

log4j.rootLogger=debug, stdout, R

# Pattern to output the caller's file name and line number.
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (F:L) - %m%n

log4j.appender.R.File=../logs/example.log

log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=100KB

# Keep one backup file
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=1

log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

Regards,
Ambarish.

RE: No appenders could be found for logger

Posted by Ambarish Mitra <am...@persistent.co.in>.
I withdraw the question. I have found the error. In the .so file, the
configure was not called correctly. My mistake, and sorry for this.